Saturday 6 June 2015

Stage 3............Thimphu Valley........27.8km....Ascent +1968...........descent -824km

"Taking a step back to accommodate others refines our character and nurtures spiritual growth"



These adventure runs are more than just about running.........they are a pilgrimage, a journey of self discovery and most of all they are adventures where like minded people unite and where friendship and camaraderie blossom and where the strength of all is shared and respected amongst eachother.

During this stage I had the fortunate privilege to run/hike every km with the most amazing group of people.....we proceeded to run the remaining stages together and I am blessed that we did. My experience of this adventure was made all the more richer because I got to share every step with this remarkable group of exceptional people and extraordinary athletes

A very special heart felt thanks goes to Patrick, Kristi and Tracey.

I am grateful for your companionship....
For your strength and inspiration...
For not faltering when I did.....
For keeping an eye on the orange markers...
For not getting us lost!!
For your honesty......
For opening your hearts to me...
For your mental agility....
For the humor and for the stories......
For waiting for me when I needed to squat behind a tree
For never giving up..........
For making the big steps seem effortless......
For your faith and belief....
For pushing the limits....
For carrying me during the lows..
For letting me carry you through your lows....
For understanding...
For your patience......
For the laughter and the tears.....
For the chatter and the silence.....
For believing.......
For the gift of YOU........

I am grateful for every second spent with you, for every km completed with you, most of all I am grateful for your camaraderie and for your strength..........walking along side you has left me with special memories and friendship and respect for you all in my heart.

'By improving our character, we help others.y inspiring others, we help others....' 
























No comments:

Post a Comment